Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 52 :: Tuesday February 21 :: Ottawa

Work upside down. Create something in such a way that you have to rotate it 180 degrees to display/see it when it is finished.

I was really stumped by this assignment, and turned to Facebook out of frustration/desperation. Unbelievably, a friend was online at just the right time and immediately reminded me of ambigrams – a typographical design or art form that may be read as one or more words not only in its form as presented, but also from another viewpoint, direction or orientation. It really got me thinking, and so i present: my very first ambigram! Yes, it's the same if you stand on your head to look at your screen :)



2 comments:

  1. This is really cool; just got connected to your blog via the 365 site's feature. Do you do graphic design and/or use something like Illustrator or did you just draw it out? Or both, I guess? Anyway I've enjoyed looking through your blog; awesome job! -Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,
      Thank you so much for the kind comments!! I am indeed a graphic designer. This particular design was first sketched out on paper, then i used Illustrator to refine it and make the symmetry perfect. It took a bit longer than average, but was well worth it.

      Delete