Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 173 :: Thursday June 21 :: Montreal

Create a new traffic sign. 

Long-time readers of my blog may remember this post about my 'wish-sisters'! During an email exchange last week, Sparta (in Montreal) offered to help with the blog if needed. She didn't need to offer twice – allowing friends to join in is part of the fun for me. She picked this upcoming prompt and happily set to work. When the dust settled, she had created a masterpiece, and this is what she had to say about it:


Hey Creative Blog enthusiasts! I am totally honored that GStar allowed me to take on one of her daily projects. I'm not a very artistic person, certainly not arts and crafty, so this was a big challenge for me. I had a great time and I hope it lives up to G's standards!

A few words about G, she is one of the most amazing people I know. I've known her for years and this blog always brings a smile to my face. One of the many lovely things that G does, and has over the years, has been sending out amazing Christmas cards to a bunch of her friends, including me. I imagine she has spent dozens of hours over the years to bring some creative cheer to all us lucky friends. I really wanted to make something in her honor, to say THANK YOU for all the amazing little attentions she has brought to so many people. These little gifts make all of us feel special, and I wanted to make her feel the same. She is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

Of course, GStar loves STARS. So when I chose the traffic sign prompt, I knew I wanted to make it in the shape of a star. And seeing as how some traffic signs are yellow, and stars are often portrayed as yellow, it seemed evident that it would be yellow! Now, as I was pondering this yellow star, the Coldplay song came to mind, its opening lyric, to be more precise. And then it was all about how to make it work. I'm pretty happy with the result, had a slight catastrophe with the stencil (cardboard gets wet and sticks when it does!), but overall, as my first experience with acrylic paint, I'm satisfied. Props to the man at DeSerres for his most valued knowledge!

This Star is for you, G, always look up to the stars, between 11pm and 4 am, ideally. 



And all i can say is thank YOU, Sparta, for brightening MY day. Much hugs and love!





2 comments: